Ancestry is looking for a Business Analyst to join our Content team. The Ancestry Content team invests millions of dollars each year to find unique historical records from around the globe and convert them into meaningful discoveries for our customers. As a Business Analyst on the Ancestry Content team you will creatively and proactively translate a wealth of data into insights to better understand how to provide our customers with discoveries that will delight them. You will collaborate with many departments on various projects to identify opportunities, solve problems, and help them and our business better serve potential and current Ancestry customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Extract meaningful patterns from behavioral data and proactively find opportunities and pain points
- Create dashboards and visuals to communicate your findings in an engaging and straightforward manner
- Rapidly develop an understanding of the Ancestry universe in order to better contextualize your findings
- Leverage cross functional skills by working with Analytics, Data Science, Product, Finance and other departments to come up with impactful insights
- Create a continuous and independent education of cutting-edge analytical techniques and programming languages
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of professional analytical experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Statistics, CS, Economics or related field (or equivalent practical experience)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and translate into a story
- Experience in a programming language commonly used for data manipulation and computational statistics (such as R, Python) and ability to work pragmatically with statistical concepts
- Affinity/experience working with large data sets using SQL
- Experience with data visualization and presentation software such as Tableau, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.
- Practical understanding of and experience with predictive analytics, machine learning, and/or causal inference