Linux Systems Engineer
O.C. Tanner develops and maintains employee engagement programs that help companies drive cultures of great work. As part of that effort, we support large-scale, international, multi-million dollar accounts from the Fortune 500 and more. And we're doing it with technologies like Kubernetes, iOS, Android, Java, Scala, Ruby on Rails, and Node.js. In addition to cutting-edge technologies, the engineer value proposition includes great medical and dental benefits, on-site dining, bonuses, paid time-off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401k plan that has been ranked one of the best in the nation.
Our IT Department provides an abundance of functional support to service to our company, our products and platform. And the needs are ever-growing as we adapt to new solutions and capabilities. We are looking for a highly skilled Linux Systems Engineer who is passionate about building products that help and delight people.
This person will be responsible for provisioning, configuration, operation and maintenance of Linux systems and software. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, applications and are maintained in accordance to established policies, procedures and best practices. Participate in research and development of innovative solutions to improve the existing infrastructure. Assist with technical issues and troubleshooting of systems and software. Participate in an 24x7 on-call rotation as needed.
Candidate should be familiar and demonstrate competency with:
- RedHat and CentOS Linux Distributions
- Deploying and supporting enterprise java based applications (SAP, CA Gateway, Documentum, xPression)
- Agile Development Methodologies / DevOps
- Provisioning, deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting of microservices/containers
- Configuration Management tools (Puppet)
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby
- Development and integration of automation, monitoring and orchestration tools
- Public Clouds (AWS)
- Build tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Linux Containers
- VMWare, Acropolis
- Fundamental knowledge of IP Networks and basic networking skills
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and installation of Java applications, JBOSS, Apache, Nginx, HA Proxy, Tomcat